Our School Curriculum
At Grazeley Primary School we aim to motivate and engage children by ensuring our topics are exciting and not only cover the new National Curriculum requirements, but also address children's interests.
This year, children have designed two of their own topics in our "Children's Choice" half terms in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. In Foundation Stage staff are responsive to the children's interests and topics constantly evolve and change.
As a small school, each class teacher is able to work with the children to plan and deliver a relevant and engaging curriculum for the children in their own class. Some of the curriculum is designed by the children and some by the teacher but all the content is appropriate for the children's age and abilities and is also considerate of children's learning in previous years. Consequently the curriculum can change and adapt year on year.
The curriulum for 2018 -2019 looks like this:
Grazeley Curriculum Overview
- Curriculum News - Chestnut Class - Summer Term 1 2019
- Curriculum News - Hazel Class - Summer Term 1 2019
- Curriculum News - Willow Class - Summer Term 2 2019
- Curriculum News - Cedar Class - Summer Term 1 2019
- Curriculum News - Birch Class - Summer Term 1 2019
- Curriculum News - Sycamore Class - Summer Term 1 2019
- Curriculum News - Oak Class - Summer Term 1 2019
Please also see the "Parents" pages of our website to find out more about Literacy and Mathematics provision at Grazeley.
If you would like to find out more about the curriculum our school is following please make an appointment with your child's class teacher or the Headteacher.